Hi and welcome to my blog! Here you’ll find my musings and articles that support my ideas and creations.
Categories include Crown & Story – articles that tell the stories of afro hair, Representation Matters – my views on the representation of people of colour, Leanne Creates – an insight to how & why I do what I do and Out & About – reviews of events and interesting findings along the way.
- The stories behind the booksGet to know the authors behind three exciting children’s books featuring black characters.
- Looks like you! Bespoke illustrationsSend me a photo and I can create artwork that is just like you!
- Don’t JUDGE My HairAn interview with Cristina, a mum of a young boy with long hair, discussing the judgement he faces.
- Black boys & men have magic tooAddressing the need to celebrate black men and look after their mental health.
- Character design and illustrationMy journey into character design and illustrating children’s books.
- Being an introverted entrepreneurCelebrating the positive aspects of being an introvert in the business world.
- Not just a greeting cardWhy traditional physical greeting cards mean so much more in a digital world.
- Black Beauty Queens & Black QueensExploring the beauty standards of back women and our representation in beauty pageants.
- Embracing hair lossRepresenting women who have gone through hair loss in my new range of greeting cards whilst raising money for charity.