Hi and welcome to my blog! Here you’ll find my musings and articles that support my ideas and creations.
Categories include Crown & Story – articles that tell the stories of afro hair and positive black experiences, Representation Matters – views on the representation of people of colour, Leanne Creates – an insight to how & why I do what I do, Out and About – reviews on exhibitions, galleries and events and Edu-create – blogs to support my clients (or anyone interested) with creative tips and knowledge.
If you would like to get updates on when I write a new blog or want to submit a topic that you’d like me to write about please click one of the links below…
- Visiting the MotherlandMy experiences in the beautiful country of Zambia.
- One Love – Experiencing Bob MarleyVisiting the Bob Marley Exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery, London.
- Break the Bias – International Women’s Day 2022Discussing experiences of bias and challenges as a (black) female entrepreneur
- Happy World Book Day!Introducing ‘My World’ to St Luke’s CofE Primary School for World Book Day 2022
- Happy New Year!Here’s to a successful, fun and inspirational new year! Read my plans and goals for 2022.
- Leanne Creative meets Sainsbury’s!My greeting card is in Sainsbury’s! Support me through Black History Month and beyond…
- Art or Design – What’s the difference?Exploring the difference between these two creative disciplines.
- A father’s crownCelebrating black fathers and remembering my dad.
- Case Study: Activity book design – rant.academyThe process of illustrating the characters and designing the pages of the rant.academy workbook.
- Celebrating prideExploring the representation of Black people from the LGBTQ+ community.
- Mental Health Awareness Week – Social media anxietyAddressing mental health issues experienced by small business owners that are triggered by social media.
- Understanding your designerLearn words that will help you communicate with your designer with ease…
- What does a book illustrator ACTUALLY do?Understanding the role of your book illustrator.
- A rollercoaster 2020!Reflecting on what has been a rollercoaster year!
- Give Blood, Spread LoveTeaming up with the Sickle Cell Society to spread love and encourage blood donation.
- Welcome to My WorldI am so excited to announce my debut book is now on sale! A magical story of aliens from two different worlds.
- We Are Black HistoryBlack History is happening everyday. Let’s never forget where we have been so we know where we are going.
- The stories behind the booksGet to know the authors behind three exciting children’s books featuring black characters.
- Looks like you! Bespoke illustrationsSend me a photo and I can create artwork that is just like you!
- Don’t JUDGE My HairAn interview with Cristina, a mum of a young boy with long hair, discussing the judgement he faces.
- Black boys & men have magic tooAddressing the need to celebrate black men and look after their mental health.
- Character design and illustrationMy journey into character design and illustrating children’s books.
- Being an introverted entrepreneurCelebrating the positive aspects of being an introvert in the business world.
- Not just a greeting cardWhy traditional physical greeting cards mean so much more in a digital world.
- Black Beauty Queens & Black QueensExploring the beauty standards of back women and our representation in beauty pageants.
- Embracing hair lossRepresenting women who have gone through hair loss in my new range of greeting cards whilst raising money for charity.